Cobalt Essentials V1.7.6 [RELEASE]

1.2 Changelog:
Added /list command - displays all connected players and their ids
Began on /ban command, not functional

1 Like

Getting them updates out I see. Nice work!

1 Like

Looking awesome! I appreciate your work to make this happen and cant wait to see what comes out of this in the future!

1 Like

Cobalt Essentials is stable! If you need any help installing it or setting everything up on your server let me know, I still plan to release a ton more, but as of I right now I am happy to say everything is working as intended!

3 Likes

Everything that is advertised as not a work in progress now functions! note: you can kick a user using their playerID

3 Likes

@Titch2000 I have not!! will take a look right now

Nice work @Preston Great to see some effort being put in by the community now :smiley: cant wait to see where this goes. By the way did you see our new wiki which might help with some documentation for you and other developers. https://wiki.beamng-mp.com

1 Like

-------Cobalt Essentials 1.5.3 Changelog-------
Reworked how groups function in code
Added getGroup method to players
Implemented support for using a playerID in a command by using {} instead of the username
Overhauled Console output with new CElog() function.
Added show debug option to config
Added the ability to color text in the console, assuming the console you are using is compliant with ANSI escape sequences.
Applied the aforementioned colors in a bunch of places.
Fixed bug that caused json files to be corrupted upon shrinking
Added more error-trapping for setgroup and setperm
Implemented security measures to setgroup and setperm to disallow them from granting a permission level higher than the sender’s
Groups may now be removed from a player by using setgroup and setting the group to “none”
Moved the default ban reason off default and to guest, where it was supposed to be.

In case you’re curious what the new console looks like, here’s a picture.
Picture showing the console with colors and improved output.

2 Likes

-------Cobalt Essentials 1.5.1/1.5.2 Changelog-------
Fixed setperm because im a ■■■■ idiot
hotfix to mute/chat, did not fix underlying problem.
Credit to @Dudekahedron for help with both of these problems.

Extensions now have a version
Reworked command arguments
Implemented optional command arguments
Added the ability to use a + symbol to represent a space in a player’s name when using commands.
Fixed false values not saving to json configs.

Really happy to see how far this project has come, I look forward to the future.

Impressive work !
Thank you a lot :smiley: I will give it a try really soon :smiley:

1 Like

Cobalt Essentials 1.5.0
Fully implemented onPlayerAuth event
Repurposed the onPlayerConnecting event, which now only serves to bind an ID to an authenticated player and grab values that are only availible once a player has been assigned an ID.
Renamed onPlayerFirstConnecting to onPlayerFirstAuth
Renamed player.permissions.CobaltPlrMgmt_database to player.permissions.CobaltPlayerMgnr_database for consistency
Replaced player.permissons.playerID with player.permissons.CobaltPlayerMgnr_playerObject
Replaced getPlayerByID with getPlayerByName
Implemented permission groups

• in playerPermissions.json, create an entry group: under it, permissons as per usual.
    players can be given the key ‘group’, followed by string groupName, to be assigned all permisssons of a certain group.

Turned default, and inactive into permission groups under the new system.
Implemented new permission group for guests, aptly named “guest”
Implemented setgroup command
Implemented whitelist command, for controlling the whitelist.
Moved commands that refer to players from their playerID to their name.
Implemented unban command

Fixed permisson problems caused by exceeding the maxActivePlayers cap (spectators)
Fixed status being broken by players not in gamemode 0 due to a typo.
Actually Fixed ban this time.
Fixed mutes because everything was broken.

1 Like

Is this the most recent cobalt essentials? The newest I have wont allow the server to launch

Hey! The newest build on the github is actually part of the 1.6.0 Beta, with that said, there should be no problems with launching the server, if you happen to be running a linux or windows server 2016 build that may be your problem as these two operating systems are known to have problems with Cobalt Essentials.
On top of that, could you send me what error you’re getting specifically?

p.s. Whereas I’m glad to help you here (on the forum) you can also reach out to us in our discord where we can offer much faster support! You can find our discord here.

Small update once again today, we have the 1.6.0 [BETA 5]
This doesn’t bring a lot of new features I can think of off the top of my head, but everything should not support the new TOML system and as such, all internal references to the beamMP config have been updated (including slight changes to parameter names) I am not positive, but I believe this should fix the problems a lot of people were having when installing Cobalt Essentials on a new server.

This beta version was also the version where I began uprooting the current vehicle system in order to replace it, I think I have deactivated all the unfinished changes I made to vehicles, however, if you have any vehicle management related problems, please reach out!

Final notes: this is a beta that I pushed out to fix a small problem, but it is still a beta, if your server is currently functional (although I don’t think it should be) and you are happy with how it is performing, give this update a few days before updating so that I can fix any massive bugs that may be hiding.
If you give this version a spin, please let me know how it goes!

also! We have a tutorial

How can i run console commands?

Why isn’t it working? why everything I install not working?

Hello im getting error TriggerLocalEvent: [string “Resources\Server\CobaltEssentials\CobaltDB.lu…”]:163: CobaltDB Table environment not loaded!
[25/12/22 17:53:54] [LUA ERROR] TriggerLocalEvent: [string “Resources\Server\CobaltEssentials\CobaltDB.lu…”]:226: bad argument #1 to ‘for iterator’ (table expected, got nil)
[25/12/22 17:53:54] [LUA] [WARN] Extension CEI threw an error while handling event onTick: Resources\Server\CobaltEssentials\lua/EventDBconnector.lua:234: attempt to index a nil value (local ‘data’)
any ideas

Where can I download the motorsports mod? I cant find a download link anywhere, just a bunch of YouTube videos.

HI, I seem to be getting the following error:

[LUA ERROR] onVehicleEdited: Resources\Server\CobaltEssentials\lua/CobaltPlayerMngr.lua:424: attempt to compare nil with number

This happens usually when a player edits a vehicle or spawns a car, does anyone know how to fix this or what is causing it?