Library MSVCP140.dll not found

Hello, I am trying to launch my BeamMP-Server.exe (on debian 9, using wine) for the first time but I get this error message:

err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP140.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\beamngdrive\\BeamMP-Server.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\beamngdrive\\BeamMP-Server.exe" failed, status c0000135

Would anyone be able to expxlain to me how to install the MSVCP140.dll libary on linux (which i suppose is what’s causing the issue?)

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your answer. So it seems I would need to do this command to install the dll’s

winetricks vcrun2015

After doing apt-get install wintricks to install winetricks, I do the command and get this:

------------------------------------------------------
You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX. If you encounter problems, please retest in a clean 32-bit WINEPREFIX before reporting a bug.
Using winetricks 20170101 - sha1sum: c844fda0cca25ac9ed0ed1b55cd138cab6a4af16 with wine-1.8.7 (Debian 1.8.7-2) and WINEARCH=win64
Executing w_do_call vcrun2015
Executing load_vcrun2015
Working around wine bug 37781
This may fail in non-XP mode, see https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37781
Using native,builtin override for following DLLs: api-ms-win-crt-conio-l1-1-0 api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0 api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0 api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0 api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0 api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0 atl140 msvcp140 msvcr140 ucrtbase vcomp140 vcruntime140
Executing winetricks_early_wine regedit C:\windows\Temp\_vcrun2015\override-dll.reg
Executing cd /home/debian/.cache/winetricks/vcrun2015
Executing wine vc_redist.x86.exe
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded

Do you have a solution to this problem?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

I believe you will need to install VCREDIS which will install the requested dll’s.