Uncle Joey's Base v1.0.2.3 (time & weather sync, motd, reset limiting and more)

Uncle Joey’s Base
Uncle Joey’s Base provides some essential client-side addons for your BeamMP server, including:

• A message of the day with BBCode support (motd)
  • Player restrictions (limiting rewinds, menu options etc.)
  • Limiting resets to a certain amount per time
  • Day / night time syncing
  • Environment (weather) syncing (rain (snow), wind, clouds, fog and gravity)

Download
For more info and to download the resource check out the GitHub page:

Special thanks to @Dudekahedron for helping with testing.

Some impressions

do not load ;-(

@demolitionA1 odd i was having a issue of when you chose the car and spawned, another player would spawn into your car and it wouldnt sync. Don’t know why

hey this mod works great its what we needed! my only question is how do I activate the rain and snow

I’ve found one small issue. Making a minor change in the config, i.e. setting a different time, doesn’t seem trigger the mod to sync when joining the server. I’m not really sure how you could go about fixing this though. There are bodge ways to get around it as a server owner, but they’re just that, a bodge.

@Dems said in Uncle Joey's Base v1.0.2.3 (time & weather sync, motd, reset limiting and more):

@Joey Hey, this is sick! Any way to add a link so a player can click on?
For an example, When it loads up a player can click a link to a website and it takes them there.

You can add links using , but BeamNG bans any links that aren’t on the beamng.com domain, so it’s not really useful.

@Joey Hey, this is sick! Any way to add a link so a player can click on?
For an example, When it loads up a player can click a link to a website and it takes them there.

Some amazing work going on here! Nice work.

1.0.2.3 changelog

• Improved rain on certain maps
  • Added option to turn rain into snow
  • Added motd variables
  • Some small bugfixes and improvements
1 Like

Just keeps getting better!

1.0.2.2 changelog

• Added gravity syncing (under weather settings)
  • Fixed a caching bug when running multiple (different) instances of the mod
1 Like

1.0.2.1 changelog

• Fixes a BeamMP related bug when disconnecting & reconnecting to servers
1 Like

1.0.2 changelog

• Weather syncing (rain, wind, clouds and fog)
  • Updated config
  • More modularity
1 Like

1.0.1 changelog

• Time-based reset limiter (eg only allow to reset once every 30 seconds)
  • Fixed a MP related bug when not explicitely selecting a vehicle in the selectableVehicle motd (now spawns default pickup)
  • Motd can now be completely disabled
  • Made some config options clearer
1 Like

Hey Thanks for this! It is pretty slick, time sync appears to work quite well as reported by players on my server. I like the UTC time offset so I can set it to my timezone. The config options are nice and straightforward. I look forward to customizing it a bit more and putting it on both of my servers.

Nice work!

PS My FAVORITE part of this is actually the ability to kill REWIND. HUGE PROPS on that!

Not working for me either.