Can't launch beamMP [FATAL] Invalid answer from authentication server

Getting fatal invalid answer from authentication server, please try again. . . and launcher just closes.

Does anyone know that this means and what I need to do to fix it? I reinstalled beamng.drive, and I reinstalled the launcher, but still same thing.

1 Like

It would seem so!
Glad we could help!

Best Regards,
Holyguaka [IRL]

looks like deleting the key file worked! ! ! thank you guys for all your help. so i guess when you uninstall the launcher and reinstall a new one from the website this does not get changed?

1 Like

Try opening the file location for the launcher and deleting a “key” file.
Let me know if that works!

Best Regards,
Holyguaka [IRL]

3 Likes

thank you guys for the help, i am looking forward to paying again, my little brother and i cant get enough of this game. there’s just something about how realistic crashing is in a videogame as you absolutely destroy each other. . .

1 Like

I will forward your request on to one of our developers to see if they can help.

Best Regards,
Holyguaka [IRL]

1 Like

@holyguaka-irl !

this is all it gives me, closes itself in a few seconds, almost cant get a screenshot.
if there is a folder that i can open that has more helpful info please let me know and i will send post it

sorry been out for a while, just getting back from work. . . im going to look into this and get the info requested, thanks for the help everyone

Also, on a side note, if you have registered to this forum using discord then you will need to change your password here: https://forum.beamng-mp.com/reset
It is then your discord email and the password you set here that you use to log in directly when in the server selector menu.

Please let me know if this works.
Best Regards,
Holyguaka [IRL]

Hello and thanks for your ticket,
We will try to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible so you can be playing with a smoother and easier experience.

Would it be possible @TylerHarrell64 or @Xyonix to screenshot these errors or send a game log of them?
This way one of our developers can read over it and try to understand exactly what’s going wrong.

Best Regards,
Holyguaka [IRL]

@daveywaveyhd

When I had it happen to me, Firewall and Admin were fine.

Since the first time I’ve had it occur 7 more times. Something that may help, is that at least in my case, the error always directly occurred after a crash, either from the BeamMP Client or BeamNG itself. I normally need to wait 30mins until it works again.

My thoughts are that, at least in my case, When a Crash occurs (normally pretty sudden) the Auth server isn’t notified and continues listening for the now offline client instance. When I open a new instance after the crash, the Auth server encounters a confliction with the dead instance and the running instance. As if running 2 clients simultaneously, causing the Auth server to either stop responding or block the new instance. However after some time has passed, the server notices the crashed client has not responded for a set period of time and terminates its connection. Therefore allowing the Auth server to connect to a new instance.

@tylerharrell64 Hi Tyler. Thanks for making a ticket! I’m just checking in to see if the issue has fixed itself or if dave’s solution worked so we can mark this as solved.

Have you tried allowing the connection through Windows firewall? There’s a chance it’s blocking the outgoing request/incoming reply of the launcher.

i have also tried that. . . works fine on my other computer, so i know its not a network problem either. just tried again thinking maybe waiting would help, no luck. . .

@tylerharrell64 Try running the game as an administrator

1 Like

i gave up for the night, tried this morning, same things… i even reinstalled cleared cache, no idea what to do next…

I encountered a similar problem an hour ago.
I just waited, relaunched Beam a few times and eventually, it worked. however, maybe that was because BeamMP opened 4 BeamNG instances before crashing. So I don’t know