"Connection Failed" when trying to join my server

I made a server for my friend and me, and whenever I try and connect to the server it says “connection failed.” I really don’t know what’s wrong or how to fix it. I looked everywhere and it seems that no one else has this problem.

4 Likes

Hello! Please make sure that you have portforwarded your server, make sure that any to all antivirus software is allowing beammp and beammp server, make sure that you are joining your server as local host (if you are using the same computer to host AND play)

Join your server with local host by joining via direct connect (IP: 127.0.0.1 Port: 30814 )

do you have a guide on how to do that?

Yes, at the very end of the “How to settup beammp server” it briefly mentions it. When you are in the server list, there is direct connect option, just put in IP: 127.0.0.1 Port: 30814

If I join on direct connect, only I can join but not my friends.

Make sure that your server is port forwarded

Direct connecting with localhost (127.0.0.1:30814) is ONLY for the host (you)
If the server is private, they will need to direct connect with your external IP and the port your forwarded

To recap:
If you are joining your server that is hosted on the PC you are playing on, then YOU and only YOU will need to direct connect to your server with 127.0.0.1:30814

If anyone else is getting connection failed, make sure BeamMP is allowed on any to all antivirus on your PC and through windows firewall. If they still get connection failed and or the code (10060) then you have a port forwarding error. This can mean several things, but the main one is that your port forwarding is incorrect or non existent.

IDK how to use port forwarding, where to go to get there

You will need to go into your routers settings and set up port forwarding. There are plenty of guides and tutorials out there. Just google your router model and google how to port forward

EX: Netgear w9000 how to port forward

so ive got all my port forwarding setting right as far as i can tell… any ideas on another cause for it not to work?

So I am having this issue but Ive tried doing everything. I made sure it was allowed through my firewall and antivirus. I reinstalled all the server files, made a new port, I don’t know how to do much more, I have gone throughout my router to find any issues but nothing has changed. I have even changed auth keys. I don’t know what could of caused it because I was working completely fine a few months ago. There isn’t even a connecting then failed no if I click or anyone else clicks connect in the direct connect it instantly says connection failed without a single loading. The log says that the player connected then instantly disconnected. I don’t know what else to do some help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Same here, no idea what to do

type cmd in search.when it opens type ipconfig and find ipv4 address.copy the numbers and let your friends join with them

hey, how to join in my friend server with ipv4? thanks!