Failed to close socket error

I cant join and stay connected to a server more then a few minutes at max before I get kicked and the BeamMP console says something about failing to close socket. I would appreciate a fix if one is possible and also wondering if this is common with anyone else’s client side of things?

3 Likes

Make sure that beamng itself is up to date, also make sure that any to all Antivirus you have are allowing beammp

2 Likes

Hi there ! Did you ever figure out this issue ? I’m getting the exact same thing and can’t find any info about this online.

i got pretty much same issue too, beamMP used to work perfectly fine for me before.

Hi guys, same problem here, Failed to close socket. Any advice? Used to wrok fine a week ago for me…

same im tired of this , every server i attempt to join says either it has available space and is full or gives me an error but i can join a “full server” thats listed 10/10 but then i join and nobody else is in the server. beam mp has been a broken mess for atleast the last week.

1 Like

To everyone having issues here, Try and restart your game. Also keep in mind that the servers that say things like “8/10 or 9/10” are extremely delayed on how they update their player count. Meaning it could genuinely be full just not telling you. Also consistently hit the “refresh” button.

If any other problems, feel free to go on our discord and ask in client support. Thanks.

Dj
Support Member.

Nothing helps … I disabled VPN disabled ANTI-VIRUS restarted BeamMP restarted the computer, but nothing helped before, I calmly logged in, but now this. :frowning:

Same issue here, game is up to date and windows firewall rules are OK. About 5 minutes of playtime before it happens.

Edit.

So is this because I am using 4G and it is somehow too unstable? Speeds are OK and I have had no issues in other games in form of dropped packages, like CSGO.

Edit2.

Well, it now worked on one of the German official servers, but after joining another one, it drops after 5:30mins, and that 5:30 seems to be the disconnect time every time this socket error arises. (Although more likely 5 minutes on the dot counting the level loading time.)

Some servers Its fine but when i reconect back Its same. 5 minutes in game And disconnected

Still having this same issue, not related to server it happens in official servers unmoddeed with ones i have 10ms etc, no matter is it full of players or empty of players besides me. 99/100 of times i connect its disconnected after 5minutes but like earlier today i was able to play modded 20 player server for 5 hours straight without any issues.Nobody answers in discord or in forums to this problem. The beammp used to work without any issues for long time, in last year some time after some updates this started for me.

Please reply.