I can load into server but stuck in map screen

Please describe the issue you are having in as much detail as possible:

Please provide any evidence or demonstrable content of the issue:

i can load into a server but im stuck in a screen and the player number and ping are just question marks

2 Likes

players ? and ping ? generally means that your connection has timed out. usually this happens during the loading screen, when you are loading every single player vehicle at once. the lag worsens if someone queued an edit during this time or with the amount of players/vehicles in general. the longer the freeze while you are loading - the likely chances are for you to time out. in short, best advice is to get a better cpu. a workaround is to enable simplified collision physics. lastly, join less populated servers.

and remember: 1 vehicle = 1 core, if you have a 4 core cpu then you’re left with 0 cores available for this game, let alone playing on a server. core0 is for your system, core1, 2 and 3 are for the UI, audio and graphics respectively. this leaves you with 0 cores to play with, quite literally. as soon as you spawn a vehicle your cpu takes available threads to simulate that vehicle. obviously a thread cannot “make” a core, so your simulation becomes laggy. it is not an exaggeration - you do need an actual threadripper or something just to run this. the game is very badly coded but i digress.

the way beamng is coded is that only the first time you load a vehicle you actually do it part by part and not load it at once from cache. now, yes, you can keep deep cleaning the cache to avoid this time out problem because you are loading vehicles over time and not simultaneously, but deep cleaning itself takes a long time, about half an hour, and you will have to do that every time if you are planning on joining big servers only. so, there is not really much you can do about that. if you can’t play beammp - that is unfortunate but we are looking to see you in the future. take care