LAN Server Syncing Issues

Hey there,
I’ve tried to create a local BeamMP server and I’ve run into a problem. Others can join the server, however it seems there are some issues with the syncing between players. For one, the cars’ paint is always a light grey for anyone other than your own car. Then, the biggest problem is that the position of the vehicles seems to be incorrect for other players. I can see when someone resets their car and mostly when someone uses the throttle, the brake, turns etc. but the position of the cars is not properly synced between players. So I can see when and how others control it, but the vehicles themselves are in a different place for me than for the player controlling it.

I’m not really sure what to do now. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Akosjun

Hey,
I got the same issue, I try to turning of Windows defender and the firewall but nothing, does someone have a solution ?
Lucas

Position is synced using UDP, while car edits are done using TCP. So in this case you got issues with the UDP traffic not getting trough.
Since its a local only server, i guess the issue is with the firewall on the PC that runs the server

1 Like

To allow an application, such as the BeamMP-Server, through the firewall, follow these steps:

1. Search “Allow an app through windows firewall”
  2. Click “Change Settings”
  3. Scroll down to find the BeamMP server - if it is not there click “allow another app” and navigate to the BeamMP server file
  4. Tick all boxes for BeamMP Server
  5. Click “Ok”
  6. Restart the BeamMP server
1 Like

Thx a lot for the answer, in my case it’s not in LAN, firewall disactivated, I’m gonna try some random stuff with the UDP because, If what you’re saying is correct, I got an issue with just UDP.
Lucas.

Ok I found the issue, My internet provider for some reason, do not work with the default port of Beammp.
So I use “Baldur’s Gate” 47624.