Multiple EA Suggestions.

• Add MySQL support so that we can sync bans across multiple servers. Could also track playtime, Current Vehicle, Favorite Vehicle.

• Add favorite servers category adding the functionally to favorite servers.

• Add official servers category separating 3rd party servers from official servers.

• Add modded servers category separating servers using mods from vanilla servers.

• Add option in config for the above suggestion “modded = true/false”

• add server function to allow specific steamID’s to have admin abilities and adding an in-game admin GUI for quick admin stuffs.

• Add popup when clicking a server displaying the server description, maybe a server logo/headerimage and a join button.

• Add server “refresh” button on the server list screen.

• Make launcher copy over users keybinds & settings from default save profile to the launchers save profile.

• Make the CMD window after the game has launched run as a hidden service.

• Add password-protected servers. (Important for events)

• Add config option to set console window title. (useful if hosting multiple servers.)

• Ability to remove a server from the key master key generator.

• Launch Early Access :slight_smile:

Also, in relation to the mySQL, I might be able to implement a solution into my Cobalt Essentials script i’ve been working on.

2 Likes

Well thank you for the input! It is appreciated

1 Like

@Titch2000 Glad you found some of this useful. I appreciate the work and effort that you guys are putting into this addition to BeamNG along with the time you are sacrificing to make it all happen.

1 Like

As one of the developers and the person who started this here is my stand point on it:

Add MySQL support so that we can sync bans across multiple servers. Could also track playtime, Current Vehicle, Favorite Vehicle. - This is something that is server specific. The modding platform we are building allows for server owners to do just this if they so wish.
Add favorite servers category adding the functionally to favorite servers. - This is a good idea i like this one :slight_smile: I will add this to the UI v2 ideas
Add official servers category separating 3rd party servers from official servers. Same response as above.
Add modded servers category separating servers using mods from vanilla servers. ^^^^
Add option in config for the above suggestion “modded = true/false” - This is going to be part of UI v2, server sorting.
add server function to allow specific steamID’s to have admin abilities and adding an in-game admin GUI for quick admin stuffs. - This is also something that can be done using the modding platform we built into the servers so this is down to the server owners.
Add popup when clicking a server displaying the server description, maybe a server logo/headerimage and a join button. - I like this and will look into it, (UI v2 added)
Add server “refresh” button on the server list screen. - Already added will be part of version 3.4 coming soon to EA.
Make launcher copy over users keybinds & settings from default save profile to the launchers save profile. - We are looking into this.
Make the CMD window after the game has launched run as a hidden service. - A nice idea however makes debugging challenging so not yet. Maybe in the future.
Add password-protected servers. (Important for events) - This could be a good idea too. Will add as a possible option in the UI v2 revamp.
Add config option to set console window title. (useful if hosting multiple servers.) - IIRC this can be done by making a .bat or .sh file and set the title there.
Ability to remove a server from the key master key generator. - We will see about this. There are many things i want to do to the back end still but time is a luxury for me at the moment and I do not have much of it. At some point i will look into this.
Launch Early Access - Well yeah! In time we need to be sure it is stable enough first. Sorry

3 Likes

I am not a Dev, so my words are not gospel, but here’s my opinion.

Official server separation in my opinion hurts the future of Beam MP, moving them to an entirely separate place could keep people from going on 3rd party servers, reducing diversity, for example, look at fiveM, though they don’t compare in userbase, fiveM has a very diverse selection of servers, it’s not the “official” vs “unofficial” deal, so people are inspired to A: create servers and B: explore. However, I do also understand the need/want for official servers, first there isn’t a player base to create enough servers to keep the server list constantly populated enough, and secondly, by my understanding, the official servers currently exist as a 100% guaranteed functional server, so I think a good compromise here could be the addition of a “Official” tag and a “Verified tag”

1 Like