My beamMP playtime does not track on Steam

Issue

Since beamMP launches beamNG directly by starting its .exe, the playtime is not tracked by Steam

Solution

If you add the path to the BeamMP launcher .exe followed by %command% to the Steam “Launch Options” for BeamNG.drive, you can play BeamMP through Steam, with it counting your hours toward your total. If you click on the Play button in Steam it will start the BeamMP launcher, but BeamNG.drive will be connected to Steam.

• Locate the path for the beamMP launcher. Easiest way is to right click on the launcher then go to Options. Windows will automatically highlight the path for you, so copy that
  • Then go to Steam
  • Right click on beamNG in Steam
  • Go to Options
  • Paste the copied path into the start options field
  • Set the cursor to the end
  • Add the following argument %command%
  • Save the changes

If you now start beamNG trough Steam, it will instead start the beamMP launcher that in turn starts beamNG. But Steam should now track your hours in beamNG

9 Likes

Is there any way to have normal BeamNG shortcut aswell as a modified one for BeamMP that tracks your played hours?

Not trough steam i think, but you could create a desktop shortcut that then starts beamNG without MP

I’d have thought you could add it as a non-steam game?

2 Likes

If we put it into nonsteam play, it does not count the BeamMP hours on the base game, and in addition, our contacts do not see anything, while there, people see the map (and the vehicle I believe) and in addition , it counts hours ON basic beamNG, which is ool :smiley:

This Solution doesn’t work for me. Adding BeamMP as non-steam game is much better option that works (for me) and count hours.

2 Likes