RaceMP | A Racing Mod for BeamMP

Just happend to pop back in here to check… is this still a working mod? I never really did have it work for me. But it looks like some ppl did! If it does work ill give it a wack. Just dont want to keep going at it if for some reaason its not an arror in my ways lol!

Hello BeamMP Community,

I recently came across RaceMP and am quite intrigued by the potential it brings to BeamMPRace. However, I’ve encountered challenges when trying to set up custom races on modded maps.

Would someone be able to create or guide me to a video tutorial that provides a step-by-step walkthrough on how to set up and run custom races on a modded map using RaceMP? I believe a visual guide would be immensely beneficial for myself and other members who are keen on leveraging this feature.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. Looking forward to the collective knowledge and expertise this community has to offer!

I’m curious what issues you saw on modded maps and if they are the same as what I’ve seen.

• When I pack a prefab, the x,y,z coordinates all change so I have to manually make it a different way than via the World Editor.
  • If I manually copy the coordinates to a prefab.json file and place it in the multiplayer directory, it doesn’t work quite like the default prefabs for the other maps (West Coast, Automation, Hirochi).
  • I get errors when I “/set” the track and it loads a prefab and also loads the individual items as well. The prefab get placed under the map while the individual items get placed properly. However, I can’t switch properly between tracks because of it.

I’m sure there is a proper creation method for the start/stop/laps etc, but I haven’t quite figured it out yet.

I have been able to make it all work though and I am pretty excited to see the automated timing. So I really appreciate this project.

Hey i just seen this because one of the issues i have is i can only gdt in here on my phone. My pc says unknown user but im gonna try again here right now. i just had a pret big find in the in game editor though!!! It prompted me to save files of things i changed in hopes of the races

I don’t understand how this plugin works
I create a race (with the tools in F11) that I save on my PC
But what do I do next?

I’m also very interested in knowing how to make my custom races. If anyone already find out, please share this piece of knowledge.

basically theres lots of questions for this and not really any straight forward answers. the race mp mod files literally have three mapd in it its not what its said to be and i havnt seen it work so keep serrrching

@Funky7Monkey can you give us a basic description of how does creation works? I tried to edit your existing races but this ended in a complete mess.

Thank you for your mod :slight_smile:

Apparently the git is down :smiling_face_with_tear:

Are there any plans for bringing the GIT back up? I am interested in seeing how you made this mod.

I am actually continuing to develope this project.
now I implemented pitstops and I’m working on hotlap mode

4 Likes

This is great, please keep us updated :pray: I’d love to help if you need some testing and feedback.

1 Like

can you tell me more about what you’re doing? and also do you know how to put other tracks on this mod?

Is your rework of it in the repository? Or willing to share?

Sorry for late replies guys, I don’t hop on the forum often.

Yeah, it’s pretty easy to create new race layouts, you just need to know a bit of map editing/scripting and rename some objects in a json file ( for example i create a layout for bridgehampton race track, that is also a mod developed by me)

1 Like

Thanks!
Yeah it would be nice to get some help, but more than testing i need someone that knows how to code in LUA for further developing.
At the moment i’m struggling a bit to finish the “hotlap mode”

At the moment my work is still private, but it would be nice to have a test race together… maybe we can organize something together in my community if you want

I can respect that idk what timezone your in but im always down to try out some racing. Ive tried some before with some guys that was really cool but the ping was too bad to be competitive at all lol. Either way shoot me a dm my discord names the same and im in a bunch of them :crazy_face:

hey i was wondering if youd possibly be able give give me a rundown on how to add the track to the multiplayer list i wana be able to do some races with a few friends and i know a bit about the map making and world editor