Sync the Day/Night cycle

I was thinking of a good idea to make the headlights of cars more usefull and more cooler when playing online, because for now, i heard that the day/night cycle only affect you but not other players, so sometime when you put the night, you can’t see others because they dont activate their headlight since they have the day on their screen. So i was thinking that it would be a cool idea to synchronise the day/night cycle for all players. (im just not sure if its possible or not :/) !

Yeah we do not sync this in the mod as we felt this would be something that the server owners would prefer to have control over.

2 Likes

@daveywaveyHD cool, thanks ^^
but, it has to be installed on a server by default, and idk wich servers has the mod on them :confused:

Not sure how up-to-date this plugin is with the new version of the server, but it does exactly as you ask https://forum.beamng-mp.com/topic/141/uncle-joey-s-base-v1-0-2-3-time-weather-sync-motd-reset-limiting-and-more

1 Like

so it works like cfx servers with sync time and weather ? or like TMP where time is controlled by host and weather is only on client side so there don’t see / have same weather ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

well, that would be nice if we could have the day/night and the weather cycle sync

Someone could make a resource for servers that syncs this. They can make it controllable via command, server side setting or voting by client. If someone takes the time to try then they can do just about anything they would like really. (Hint hint to anyone interested in trying :slight_smile: )

Edit: I would do it but I am strapped for time at the moment.

1 Like

I’m starting to work on this: GitHub - EvanMulawski/BeamMP-EnvSync: Synchronizes the server's environment (e.g. "time of day") with clients
Currently work-in-progress and feedback/suggestions welcome!

2 Likes

Hey, this is great to see. If you need any help at all please do not be afraid to ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

I installed it but i am having issues with it, the console says it is syncing constantly but nothing happens in game, even when i set the start time to 18:00.

Could you help me out?

Is there an update if this would work still for beammp?

My TOD module has completely deleted itself. This would be helpful to implement.