Trouble, cannot play BeamMP with any form of mods

Good evening, I encountered a problem, I can’t seem to play BeamMP with any type of mods whether that’d be Map mods, Config mods, Car mods, etc.
When I try to join a Public Server with only one Map mod (for example bathrust) it finishes downloading and loading but at the end it says “Map /levels/bathrust/info.json is not found. Check your server config.” even though it’s a Public Server. (image below)

And when I try to join an official beamng map server with a couple vehicle/config mods, it loads the map just fine but didn’t load any modded vehicles nor configurations. (image below)

But! when I join a normal Vanilla server with no mods, BeamMP works just fine!

I tried searching if others also have a similar problem to me, but to no avail.
Am I missing something important that’s right under my nose?
If you have the time, Please Help with my problem, Thank you!

Just checking because it’s always good to try the easiest thing first. You’ve already tried toggling “Activate all mods” correct? Because right now you only have Beam active. Also, keep in mind, that if a mod is not installed on the server you will not be able to use it. Installing mods locally will not give you access to them on Beam MP if the server owner hasn’t also installed them.

Yup, I tried clicking the “Activate all mods” button but to no avail, it buffers with the clock for 5 secs and nothing’s changed. I have also put the mods I wanted in the \Resources\Client, but still no luck… :pensive:

I can’t even join someone else’s server with only one mod in total, and that is a map mod, weird isn’t it?

Alright, with that eliminated it might be a good call to do one of two things.

Uninstall and reinstall Beam MP or clear all of your mods. You have over 100 of them and, while that isn’t always a problem, if mods are out of date or conflict with one another they can cause issues. If those two steps don’t work you need more advanced support which is where I would make way for one of my co-workers to jump in when they have time.

Thank You very much! I’m so sorry to trouble you guys,
I’ll try to reinstall BeamMP and clear my mods in the mean time.

And I should point out the 130 mods are the result of beamNG reading duplicated mods. (in the image above, some of the mods addresses starts with /beamMP and /repo).
Normally I have ~78 mods but I copied around 50 vehicle configuration mods to paste in my Test Server’s \Resources\Client. (My BeamMP Server folder is located inside the mods folder for normal BeamNG).

Also when I was copying the mods to put in the Client folder, it sent a bunch of “Error in ModManager Invalid ZIP file” messages in beamNG is that normal?

Yeah, that seems to be happening recently, I get those too now.

Alright, after reinstalling BeamMP and clearing the mods the problem still stayed the same, now I have no idea what to do.

I see

We require advanced help, allow me to scream for my co-workers.

1 Like

My coworkers have responded to my screaming, have you made sure that you have enough storage on your system for the mods that are trying to download?

1 Like

Yes I do, I still have around 150GB of storage so I’m still safe on that end

Alright, so here’s a new thing to try.

-Close everything
-Find your 0.31 Folder
-Rename it to 0.31_bak
-Launch BeamMP

This will generate a completely clean user folder and run BeamMP, once this is done if you are still experiencing the same issue we can eliminate a lot of possible causes.

1 Like

After renaming the 0.31 folder to 0.31_bak and launching the game, the BeamMP multiplayer mod is missing, but then I remembered, I changed the game’s directory(Startup.ini) to a folder in my Hard drive, so I checked the original Userpath folder (Appdata/local/BeamNG) and I found the BeamMP mod, so just to be safe, I made it go back to it’s default location and tried again.
Everything went completely well! I was able to join my own server with 1 mod to test things out, and BeamMP finally read the mod!

So in conclusion, BeamMP wasn’t reading any mods because my Userpath was outside of Appdata.

Thank You very much for helping me with my troubleshooting OctopusCarDoor and their Co-Workers! :grin: :pray: :man_bowing:

1 Like