[Tutorial] How to Customize your BeamMP Server (Welcome Screen)

Hello and welcome, this is going to be a step-by-step tutorial on how to add a custom loading screen, music, and start screen to your server!

To start off, you will need the following

• The base mod itself HERE
  • Custom loading screen base files HERE
  • A file management tool (Such as Winrar, 7Zip, ect)
  • The loading screen image you want to use (can be a jpg, jpeg, png, img)
  • Much easier to edit files with a file editing software (notepad++, notepad)

Once you have downloaded uj_base and modules.zip, we will have to extract them to an easy to work place (like your desktop)
!1611598141959-70c32c62-c38f-4933-904f-580e65c95f2d-image.png

Open uj_base-master, we will have to add the modules folder to the file tree in order to get our custom loading screen to work. Put the “modules” folder into uj_base-master > ui
!

To add your loading screen image, navigate the filepath
uj_base-master > ui > modules > loading > drive.

Here you will see the 15 loading custom loading screen images. If you want different images (at random) then upload all the images you want in the queue, if you only want one image (example above) then you will need to upload the same image 15 times. NOTE you will need to rename your image to the naming scheme shown (drive_loading_1.jpg through drive_loading_15.jpg)
!

To add music to your loading screen, navigate to
uj_base-master > ui > modules > loading > music

Here you will add an audio file containing the music you want to play as people load into your server, the known audio type that works is mp3, I have not tested any others.
!

Now that your loading screen in configured with a custom image and music, we can configure your in-game start menu, start with navigating to
uj_base-master > settings > config
!

You can do many things with this mod, including player restrictions, spawn and rest limits, start screen, time sync and weather sync. I will only be going over some basic configurations of the start screen options (everything else is self explanatory and easy to figure out)
To start off, this is what the start screen looks like now (with no editing)
!

All of the options and settings are given to you in the base config, but lets change them to see what they do.

First, we are going to give ourselves a custom picture (it can be a gif or supported video like the example gives). To change the picture, navigate to
uj_base-master > ui > uj_base
and insert the picute you want displayed here
!1611600382902-03088f81-ac69-482b-83f0-86512bb52999-image.png

Now we have to change to config to match the file name and type (highlighted in yellow)
NOTE I changed the orientation of the text so that it is vertical instead of horizontal (highlighted in green)
!

After changing my config with some sample text, it now looks like this
!

!

Here is my entire config if you choose to want this layout aswell here

I am sorry if it got confusing at the end, let me know if I need to edit this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Charles, does this still work? I have set up some things on my end and can’t get it to show up at all. I currently have cobalt basics installed on my server and have even removed it to see if it would help. I have even went as far as to just run the default uncle joeys base without any customizations to see if it would work and it did not. I run a small private server for my friends and myself but cannot for some reason get this to work as I would love to add a UI. Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks.

2 Likes

So where do these files go?? All I saw here was on my desktop do I put it in my beam resources client folder ?? Where do these file go doing this step by step ??!

Hi @famousgunz ,

This is a client-side mod and is installed by putting it in Resources/Client on your server.

More information can be found on the creators repository:

1 Like

the uj base master is zipped folder do i unzip it ? or leave as is

Ive gotten everything to work but i was wondering if you or someone could go more in depth on how to have a video play in the loading screen

My music is not working why would that be

how did you get the music to work

you zip it and put in in client end of you server

my replies are not working how i want them to. can you message me and i can send you my discord or something

Hello Charles, I ran into a problem, I wanted to put this mod on my server, on a separate host, but nothing works, I did everything like you have on github, I tried it in different ways, both in the resource and in the client folder, I tried to archive it separately in different ways, together but nothing comes out. Please help, thanks a lot in advance!

Did you put the zip folder into the Resources/Client folder on the server?

yes of course, I did everything according to the guide from github

the guide is missing a step, you need to add a line of code with the file name to the bottom of the loading html. in my case gas is my music name

If you still have problems contact me, Pooky Snookums#0001 i’ll just give you my html. ! more thing, you should find a free site or a audio editing software, it will ear ■■■■ everyone. I turned mine down 80%

2 Likes

I wanted to ask you, you said that you need to insert a line of code at the end of the document, I want to ask you, in which specific text file do you need to throw it?
in config or some other

index.html file

Hey, everybody,
I’ll add a few observations of my own. The placement of the folders can be a bit tricky. Subsequent zipping of files back up too. I’ve been incorrectly adding a subdirectory in the zip.

However, I’m at the point where I have a custom loading screen and almost a welcome screen. Almost because when I connect to the server, I have no vehicle. When I choose a vehicle, right after that, the welcome screen appears. It contains some of my edits, title, description, but for example the gif didn’t change.

When I click the START button on the welcome screen, the selected vehicle resets and a blue pickup appears. Also, the on-screen extras settings, like telemetry, brakes, will switch from Multiplayer mode to Freeroam mode.

I’m running out of ideas on how to solve this ;-;

How can I then set up the server? Can I do it while the server is running?

and btw…there is no INDEX.html file, not in whole UJ_Base or in Modules folders…

nothing happened on my end, i zipped everything and placed it in the Resources/Client but nothing showed up…
I send you a friend request :slight_smile:

1 Like