Wanna make a private server for you and your friends, but you can’t port-forward for some reason or another? Lucky for you, you can use LogMeIn Hamachi to tunnel between you and your friends through the BeamMP launcher! You may be asking, how do I do this exactly? Well, that’s what this tutorial is for.
Installation: How to Install and Setup Hamachi - (Skip this step if you already have Hamachi and have set it up!)
- Head on over to https://www.vpn.net/, and click on the green “Download now” button. If asked where to save hamachi.msi, just put it into a place you’ll be able to find it. If you’re not asked, it will by default be saved to C:\Users\Your Name\Downloads
- Find and double-click hamachi.msi to be brought to this window. Just follow the instructions given to you to install it. Once the installation is complete, leave “Launch Hamachi” checked, and click “Finish” to have Hamachi automatically opened for you.
- When Hamachi is opened, you will see this window. Click on the power button.
- This window will pop up, and you’ll have to hit the blue “sign up” text to the right of “Log in”. If you already have made an account, just log in.
- Once you log in or create an account, your window will look like this.
Congratulations! You’ve installed and set up Hamachi.
How to create a server with Hamachi:
- Click on “Create a new network” in your Hamachi window, which will open this. Make the Network ID anything, it does not need to be named “BeamNG-MP”. Make a password that you’ll be able to remember easily.
- Your Hamachi should now look like this, with your respective network name listed in the window.
- Now you’ll need to guide yourself to the BeamNG-MP server software, located here. Download the respective latest server.rar
- Put the rar anywhere you’d like, and extract it with WinRAR (or any other alternative rar-extraction capable software).
- Upon opening the resulting folder, you should end up with these four files.
- To gain the “config.cgf” just double-click BeamMP-Server.exe, in which it should open a command prompt that displays [this]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/481980580485922856/738905057143292004/unknown.png) as the first message.
- Your server directory should now feature a config.cfg file, which can be opened in your favourite text-editing software. For this tutorial, I will be using Notepad++. You can still open the cfg in standard Notepad, which comes packaged with your Windows install.
- Look for this in the file, and change “true” to “false”. Your server doesn’t need to be public, when you can only join it through your private Hamachi server anyways.
- Your server is now ready to be ran! Go back to your Server directory, and double-click on BeamMP-Server.exe.
- Go back to your Hamachi window, and right click on the numbers to the right of the power button. Click “Copy IPv4”. This is the IP address you need to join your own server.
- Open up the BeamMP Launcher, and Go to the direct connect category, and paste that number in the IP text box (If you cannot paste it, press f5).
Congratulations! You’ve connected to your own hosted Hamachi server.
How to join a Hamachi server:
- In order to join a Hamachi network, after you’ve installed the app and logged in, you’ll see this window. Click on “Join an existing network”
- Ask your host for the Network ID and Password, which you’ll need to join their network.
- You’ll end up with this window, if you’ve done it correctly. You’ll need to know which PC is the host, if there’s multiple players, as you need that PC’s IPv4 specifically.
- Right-click on your host’s PC, and click “Copy IPv4”. You’ll need this to join through direct connect.
- Open up the BeamMP launcher and navigate to the direct connect tab and paste the IPv4 from above into the server IP text box
- You should now be loading into your friends BeamMP server hosted on hamachi!
If you are still having trouble with this, please go the the BeamMP discord and make a ticket in the support chat