When i try to connect to my server it only says "Done."

It loads all the mods and then it just says “Done.”
I tried removing all the mods from the client folder and changed the map and still there is no difference
I have no idea what the problem is

Two things you can try

1. Remove all Mods from the Resources Folder of the BeamMP Launcher.
    For that, right click the BeamMP launcher shortcut on your desktop → click open location → navigate to the “Resources” folder and remove its content

2. Rename your Userfolder, a file in it might be corrupted that affects BeamMP.
    For that press WIN+R, paste in %localappdata% and press enter. There will be a folder named “BeamNG.drive”. Rename that to for example “BeamNG.drive_Backup” and then try again.

If the later case solved your issue then you have to port your vehicle configs, replays etc. over from the “BeamNG.drive_Backup” folder to the newly created “BeamNG.drive” folder, as otherwise they would not be accesible for you

1 Like

just wanted to thank you. i was having this issue for hours and your first step fixed it for me. there’s not a lot of documentation about this error

Same issue, replicated the two fixes, did not fix the issue. After both failing, i reinstalled, same issue retained.

As you join via direct connect, please make sure the other end (server) is actually set up correctly. Please see if there are any issues or error codes in the BeamMP console. :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately, after clearing cache and removing all mods and reinstalling and verifying files. A new issue was spawned. It’s not related to this that in aware of, so I do not know if it is resolved or if it is a byproduct of the error.

Attaching photo as mentioning what occurred after completing previous steps to include a reinstall and cache clearing.

The issue ONLY occurs on molded maps of any kind to include making a map in the editor by the new map command.

This issue is currently posted to the r/beamng and discord.

Currently trying to replicate the done issue as before but the 100% ocean issue seems to have replaced it for now.

Yeah that is what I was afraid of… The second step of Neverless’ solution is unfortunately doing more harm than good. In reality, all you need to do is clear all of the BeamMP’s downloaded mods (which could differ from the server’s) and/or see if the server you are trying to join is set up correctly in the first place. With you having cleared cache and reinstalled the game your game could be missing some map related files now. Also I don’t recall anyone in this thread suggesting to reinstall the game and cleaning any cache. I don’t know what a “molded map” or a “map command” are, but this seems out of topic. Once again, if it’s stuck on “Done”, it’s either old/conflicting mods or the server itself. Take care

Its even described in the game own clean install guide to fully reset your userfolder.

It isnt doing any harm, it cleans cached, broken and outdated data. i saw it more then once that bugs with joining servers only appeared because something within the userfolder was corrupted and something would hangup loading it

1 Like

Ja, I totally understand, but what I meant is that it is a bit unnecessary as in it is confusing, when you could just simply deep clean the cache in the launcher (although what’s the difference, really, deleting the contents of the userfolder is indeed faster?). I don’t think a full reinstall was needed here either (talking about the OP here). It’s not like they kept crashing with 0xc00000005 or 0xc00000001 errors as soon as they joined a new server today, haha, couldn’t be me. Surely they didn’t return to this thread and eventually made a clean install, most definitely. Anyway, I would suggest the dev team to implement some kind of “safe mode” for BeamMP, where mods could be made temporary. :smirk:

Deep cleaning != userfolder reset. We are talking custom files, layout files and all that stuff that no game cleaner mode touches. I remember how a bad version of CEI once broke the multiplayer.layout.json for some players in specific circumstances and as such you couldnt join any servers anymore. the game doesnt touch that in the cleaning process.

Figuring out which file is broken takes much more effort then to just suggest to rename the userfolder to see if it solves the issue or not. If so, we will move the important things over.

1 Like

What I ended up doing was full folder delete, reinstall, start in safe mode, remove mods, delete folder while game open and reinstall then and it fixed.

1.5 hours of time but was worth it getting it back going.

when I log on to the server, the word “ready” comes out, these 2 ways did not help me, please help me, this did not happen before and the server is configured correctly, I downloaded mods today and installed this thing