Where's the "BeamMP-Launcher.rar" file?

On the main home page I see a green box with white lettering that says,
“Download Client… ‘BeamMP_Installer.exe’ (3.5mb)”, but no “BeamMP-Launcher.rar” file anywhere.

Has the site evolved to the point where the .exe can now be downloaded directly, without needing to unpack it from a .rar file anymore? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Yep, some channels are limited to staff members. You can use all the channels in the General Area though!

@Alex-ITA said in Where's the "BeamMP-Launcher.rar" file?:

Which channel? Some don’t allow members to chat in

The " #(globe icon) forum-posts! " section of the BeamMP BeamNG Multiplayer channel. It’s hard for me to describe because I haven’t really learned how to navigate around Discord yet. It’s kind of confusing only because I get the impression that there’s a general Discord homepage that anyone who starts an account is allowed into, but then there’s specific places, that I’m thinking chat is limited to special members or staff only.

Which channel? Some don’t allow members to chat in

Discord | Your Place to Talk and Hang Out
From here: you have to install the Discord app otherwise the launcher won’t recognise it. Then you just have to register using an email and a password :wink:

Actually, I did that already… so I can get into the server and I was successful getting into the multi-player. I was referring to the chat box in the bottom of the discord page itself.
I’d share an image, but it won’t let me. I suppose it’s not that big of a deal so long as I can get the multi-player to work. I just was curious more than anything else.

https://discord.com/new
From here: you have to install the Discord app otherwise the launcher won’t recognise it. Then you just have to register using an email and a password :wink:

Thank you! and you’re welcome. You’re spot on it. No grass growing beneath your feet.
Oh quick… one more question. How do I do my Discord account so that I can chat in the bottom box? Right now it’s grayed out with a “red-circle-slash” where I move my mouse pointer-- and it says something about my not having sufficient privileges to chat there. How do I change that? Might I not be signed in all the way, or a full fledged member yet?
I thought I did everything right… but with me, that’s often hit & miss.

Thank you! and you’re welcome. You’re spot on it. No grass growing beneath your feet.

@B3_Burner said in Where's the "BeamMP-Launcher.rar" file?:

What wasn’t so obvious at first was the fact that nothing works until I first open a Discord account and join. Just a small suggestion, but maybe you ought make that more obvious to those of us who are new to online streaming and multiplayer. I’m not saying it’s an ultra big deal, but newbies (like me) need to know that the launcher isn’t going to launch without the discord installed to host the launching!

Whoops! Forgot about that Discord part, I added it to the tutorial. Thanks for the report and have fun!

Hi @B3_Burner there’s no need to extract the file, it will be downloaded as is, you just have to run it and follow the on screen steps or the installation tutorial in case you’re having trouble: BeamMP

Hi Alex, and thanks for getting back to me as soon as you did. Exciting times and I know you must be very busy, so thank you for your time. So yes… I see what you mean now. The .rar instructions are apparently outdated, and I just took a shot in the dark, and tried downloading the .exe by itself, installed, and wah-lah it worked.

What wasn’t so obvious at first was the fact that nothing works until I first open a Discord account and join. Just a small suggestion, but maybe you ought make that more obvious to those of us who are new to online streaming and multiplayer. I’m not saying it’s an ultra big deal, but newbies (like me) need to know that the launcher isn’t going to launch without the discord installed to host the launching!

Thanks again,

– John (B3B)

Hi @B3_Burner there’s no need to extract the file, it will be downloaded as is, you just have to run it and follow the on screen steps or the installation tutorial in case you’re having trouble: https://forum.beamng-mp.com/topic/97/tutorial-how-to-install-beammp-v-2-0