BeamMP crashing after Windows Update (AMD Graphics)

Hello!

After some Windows Updates, when I start the game with BeamMP activated, the system keeps increasing memory without limit and then crash the game. I think the increased memory is the overflow of GPU memory consumption, but I am not sure. Disabling the BeamMP mode fix the problem, so I concluded it’s what is causing the issue.

This problem has happened for months and with 2 different GPUs: RX 550 4GB and RX 6600 8GB.

I reinstalled Windows 10, the problem did not come back after a while, but last week happened again withou a solution. Tried completely reinstall GPU driver (with AMD CleanUP tool, etc.), remove BeamMP from the game, delete the files from AppData folder and reinstall. No success.

I don’t know how to deal with and currently I cannot play online. Please, somebody do know how to fix that issue?

[edit]
I think I fixed my problem following these steps:

• Delete BeamMP mod in the game
  • Uninstall BeamMP completely from computer
  • Check which Windows Updates were installed between the time BeamMP worked and not worked.
  • Uninstall all Windows Updates from that time.
  • Reinstall BeamMP

I did it and worked. I think .NetFramework Windows Update is what causes the problem, but it is really more a feeling than a fact.

Can someone confirm that?

1 Like

But of course, these AMD RX series are very prone to VRAM leaks! Could reproduce with the Radeon RX 580 Series, I confirm the memory leak (VRAM), the framerate plummets to 0 with a 0xC0000409 STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN error code. Once that happens - that’s unfortunate, you will have to reinstall the game completely (without leaving any AppData too, where the user folder is, so please backup your vehicle configs). But it’s never a hardware issue, though. The drivers and software code themselves are at fault. Most of the time.

Cheers :blush: