Can't install- could not access network location _\

I can’t seem to get BeamMP installed. I found this issue that seems to be the exact same as mine: Problem with installing but it doesn’t seem to have much help outside of what I have already tried. I have clicked retry about 10 times, tried different install locations on different drives and in different folders, but it still doesn’t seem to want to install. Any ideas? (image of error below)
can't_access_crop

I’ll ask one of our support members to take a look :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Dave

One member of the team suggested trying to run it as Admin - we’re not really sure what’s causing the issue.
If the issue persists, I can add you on Discord and try to figure out what’s going wrong.

Dave

I’ve already tried that- sorry I didn’t list that in the original post. One other thing I’ll try is reinstalling BeamNG as well as deleting all mods and cache from it in a while and see if that helps. I’ll reply again once I’ve tried that.

After trying a cache clear, deleting mods, and finally reinstalling the game it still doesn’t seem to work, discord would work to hopefully figure things out.

Hey!
Did you manage to fix the problem?
I have my second disk named as "N:" could this be the issue?
In my installer i don’t have the option to change directory…
How to solve?
Cheers!

I didn’t, this was on one of my buddies’ computers that I didn’t have physical access to.

I wouldn’t think that your second disk would cause an issue, my personal PC that beamMP installs fine on has 3 drives.

I did test the newer installer and you are right, there doesn’t seem to be an option for changing the install location anymore.

Doing a quick google search I stumbled upon this that seems pretty similar: https://www.reddit.com/r/learnpython/comments/d47rtq/cant_install_python_could_not_access_network/
Maybe something in there could help you out. It seems like it is a windows issue rather than an issue with BeamMP itself.
A couple of the solutions on there seem to recommend checking your windows registry for errors so just be extremely cautious if you do decide to give that a shot and make sure you feel comfortable being in there.

Hopefully something in this post helps out!