Request for Anti-Clone Feature: Safeguarding Vehicle Configurations

Greetings,

I understand that numerous individuals have likely expressed interest in an anti-clone feature in the past. Allow me to clarify its functionality with an example: within the BeamMP settings, there exists a feature that prevents other individuals from cloning or saving a vehicle while spectating you, regardless of whether they have it enabled or not.

I raise this matter because I, too, have experienced the frustration of meticulously putting on many hours and fine-tuning in my configuration, only to have it snatched by an unknown individual.

Your attention to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Warm regards, St4js

3 Likes

I am commenting here as another player of the game, not as a staff member, because this issue is far beyond my scope of knowledge, but this really would be a neat feature. This is an issue that I myself have faced and, as a result, I usually do my configs outside of BeamMP and then only use them with Neil and Camodo’s recording team where the people that would be stealing them are at least my friends. I know that a lot of people do tune within BeamMP though. I have been told that they want to “tune and test in an environment influenced by ping and player traffic.”

The problem with this, though, is that cloning a vehicle is a function of BeamNG at a base level, not a BeamMP function, so it would be interesting to see how the functionality could be blocked or restricted. I don’t know if it’s possible, but then again, we didn’t think multiplayer was possible at first either.

Definitely a feature to give some serious thought in my opinion.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I also do most of my configs outside of BeamMP and I think It’s self-explanatory why many do it outside BeamMP.
Though, I do believe and think it is possible to somehow make it work but it would mean that a new kind of code needs to be added to the BeamMP.

1 Like

Yeah, it would have to be an infrastructure change in order to work, if it was made like a mod then it would only work on servers that have it installed, which, could work I guess. . . especially if the mod was on all the official ones, but if you play on random hosted servers you would lose any protections.

1 Like

I never really understood what the issue is with someone cloning your config. I feel the exact opposite when my configs get cloned, it means someone thought it’s an interesting build so it makes me feel good not mad lol. It’s not like they took it away from, you still have it and they saved some time. Win win.

1 Like

There are a lot of people don’t share that perspective, tuning configs takes time, trial and error, knowledge and effort. Having someone come in and just copy it is lame.

same. i always get complimented for my builds haha. though a notification that i got cloned would be nice. i shall add this to my list of ideas :slight_smile:

2 Likes