Low fps on High-End computer

When i am in single player i can play with 150+ fps with traffic on all high settings (maybe ultra too). When i get on MP mode, most servers have 7+ cars and until 7 cars i am playing at around 60-65 fps… When it comes to 8+ cars i cant even reach 50 fps.

My sepcs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X 4.00 Ghz with good temps around 50 at max load
GPU: RTX 2080 Asus ROG 8GB Overclocked with temps at 59-66
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3000 Mhz
I can play other games at high fps with rtx on and i cant play a game such as beamNG? FH5 can be played at 4k on a 55 Inch tv with high to ultra settings and get 60+ fps.

Hi there!
I believe your issue might be related to this topic:

Sudden lag and audio cracking - Support - BeamMP

That sounds completely normal. You are using an 8 core CPU, rule of thumb is 1 car per cpu core and you are hitting that with you 2700x. 8 people at 50FPS is decent, you wont be able to keep up much after that. My old 8700k would only do about 7-8 people before hitting about 30-20 fps sadly. We are working on better optimization HOWEVER we cannot do too much better then BeamNG the game itself

I have 15-20 fps on multiplayer and some of my settings are set to low, here are my pc specs.

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g
GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 970 4GB VRAM
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX ( 2 x 8GB )
I can run 60-50 FPS in single player and 30-40 with traffic

My CPU has got 4 cores

You have a low-powered system, 15-20 fps is expected with anything more than 3-4 people. Unfortunately this is what you should expect from multiplayer, we are working on performance improvements but 50-60 fps in the base game “BeamNg.Drive” is low fps to begin with, so do not expect to exceed this in multiplayer.

BeamNg and in turn BeamMP is a CPU intensive game, if you wish to get more performance, I suggest getting at least a 6 core or 8 core CPU. Ryzen 5 and 7 have very good options that are under $100-150 to make your PC about 2-3 times faster!

why beammp is so cpu intensive

Generally speaking BeamMP is not that CPU intensive on its own.
What you may be seeing is that now you are in multiplayer with more players and subsequently more vehicles this is putting more load on your computer.

I would recommend joining a server with less players on it.

Something to also keep in mind is if you are comparing it to the new traffic mode that BeamNG.drive has, this is using simplified vehicles and not the standard vehicles that players like yourself use.

Kind regards,

1 Like

Still, whenever I join a server with 0 people, I drive a bit then the game either freezes or crashes

Please can you DM me your game log files and I will see if there is any errors that are occurring.