Low fps on High-End computer

When i am in single player i can play with 150+ fps with traffic on all high settings (maybe ultra too). When i get on MP mode, most servers have 7+ cars and until 7 cars i am playing at around 60-65 fps… When it comes to 8+ cars i cant even reach 50 fps.

My sepcs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X 4.00 Ghz with good temps around 50 at max load
GPU: RTX 2080 Asus ROG 8GB Overclocked with temps at 59-66
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3000 Mhz
I can play other games at high fps with rtx on and i cant play a game such as beamNG? FH5 can be played at 4k on a 55 Inch tv with high to ultra settings and get 60+ fps.

Hi there!
I believe your issue might be related to this topic:

Sudden lag and audio cracking - Support - BeamMP

That sounds completely normal. You are using an 8 core CPU, rule of thumb is 1 car per cpu core and you are hitting that with you 2700x. 8 people at 50FPS is decent, you wont be able to keep up much after that. My old 8700k would only do about 7-8 people before hitting about 30-20 fps sadly. We are working on better optimization HOWEVER we cannot do too much better then BeamNG the game itself

1 Like

I have 15-20 fps on multiplayer and some of my settings are set to low, here are my pc specs.

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g
GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 970 4GB VRAM
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX ( 2 x 8GB )
I can run 60-50 FPS in single player and 30-40 with traffic

My CPU has got 4 cores

You have a low-powered system, 15-20 fps is expected with anything more than 3-4 people. Unfortunately this is what you should expect from multiplayer, we are working on performance improvements but 50-60 fps in the base game “BeamNg.Drive” is low fps to begin with, so do not expect to exceed this in multiplayer.

BeamNg and in turn BeamMP is a CPU intensive game, if you wish to get more performance, I suggest getting at least a 6 core or 8 core CPU. Ryzen 5 and 7 have very good options that are under $100-150 to make your PC about 2-3 times faster!